Hello, is it YOU we’re looking for?
Are you a digital whizz with experience building online communities? Would you like to harness the power of storytelling to shift cultural norms and change narratives? Have you ever used social media to bolster advocacy efforts? Are you passionate about issues concerning diversity and inclusion?
If those questions resonate with you, then this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Join our team as a part-time Public Relations and Social Media Assistant and be an advocate for social change.
Who we are.
B4brand is a bilingual English/French storytelling-driven marketing agency for purpose-driven brands. We help brands that take a stand on values connect with conscious consumers by creating cross-platform content to bring brand stories to life online and offline.
What we offer.
A fantastic opportunity to participate in a startup growth and make a difference by advocating for causes that make us better people and make the world a better place to live.
What you bring to the job.
You will be working with the founder to create and execute PR and social media strategies. Responsibilities include (and are not limited to those mentioned below):
- Develop and distribute PR materials. Assist in copywriting and copyediting for marketing promotional materials such as brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and sell sheets.
- Oversee Public Relations communications. This includes social media content, press releases and emails.
- Support with event logistics – most critically in the capacity where Events & PR overlap (invites/media check in/seeding, social media Live set up and tear down, follow-up emails, etc.)
- Support in producing content for social media and interacting with followers and influencers.
- Build knowledge of Canadian and international media landscape, editorial personalities and magazine trends/articles.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies, industry trends and news, bringing updates to the team.
- Suggest innovative ideas in brainstorming sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of Public Relations and marketing process and best practices.
- Public Relations background and an understanding of digital growth strategies.
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing.
- Experience with social media posting and community management, social media advertisements, as well as related social media scheduling applications.
- Experience in Graphic Design is an asset.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work autonomously.
Bonus point if you speak French, but this is not essential for this role.
Here’s how to apply: if you’re interested in helping us grow, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your portfolio samples by Friday, April 24, 2020.